Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher at Franklin Community Schools. Currently, the minimum requirement is a high school diploma, a teaching license, or a substitute teacher permit. Previous classroom experience is helpful, but not required.
Franklin Community Schools will host substitute teacher orientations on the following days at the FCS Administration Building located at 998 Grizzly Cub Drive. Please complete the orientation registration form
- January 11, at 9:00 a.m.
- January 24, at 3:00 p.m.
Please bring the following items with you to orientation ~
- Valid U.S. Passport OR
- Drivers License AND
- Social Security Card OR Birth Certificate
- Voided Check (for direct deposit)
Please complete the following steps prior to attending orientation.
- Please submit a completed application.
- All FCS employees must complete an expanded criminal history check. To begin this process, please send your name, email address, and the position you are applying for to Michelle Bright at email@example.com. If you have recently completed an expanded check with another school district, please have them send the results to Michelle Bright. Once you send your contact information, you will receive an email containing a log in and password to complete your expanded criminal history check.
- Please submit a copy of your substitute teaching permit. If you do not currently hold a substitute teaching permit, one may be obtained by registering with the Indiana Department of Education online system, LVIS. A tutorial is also available to guide you through this process. Licenses issued under these guidelines will permit a substitute teacher to work for three calendar years. Please note, FCS will not approve substitute teacher permits until an expanded criminal history check has been received.
All applicants considered for hire after July 1, 2009, must obtain a criminal history background check subject to I.C. 20-26-5-10. This background check must be completed through an approved entity prior to receiving an offer of employment with the cost being borne by the applicant. If selected for an interview, additional information will be provided at the time of interview.